Sunday, June 26, 2005

tsj mailbag #01

tsj takes the time to answer questions from the people. First week of tsj means the debut of the Sunday weekly mailbag. To get your sports questions answered go ahead and email tsj.

Who did you vote for the MLB All Star Game next month in Detroit? -- Steve, Nevada

That's easy. For the NL: C) Piazza NYM 1B) Lee CHC 2B) Kent LAD 3B) C. Jones ATL SS) Izturis LAD OF) A. Jones ATL, Griffey Jr. CIN, Bradley LAD

For the AL: C) Pierzynski CWS 1B) Konerko CWS 2B) Roberts BAL 3B) Rodriguez NYY SS) Tejada BAL DH) Thomas CWS OF) Guerrero LAA, Suzuki SEA, Ramirez BOS

What did you think of the Angels name change to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? -- James, Dallas

I can understand why Mr. Moreno decided to make the change, he wants a competitive ballclub on the field and doesn't want to raise prices for the fans. Changing the name gives him a wider range of advertising opportunities to listen to and new merchandise he can sell. I still however wish it had stayed as the Anaheim Angels, the name flows easier and after their World Series win in 2002 I think everyone knew who the Angels were.

If you were Milwaukee who would you take with the #1 pick Tuesday? -- Dave, New York

If I was Milwaukee I wouldn't have fired Terry Porter and I'd resign Michael Redd, but that's not your question. From the scouting reports I've read, I'd have to say Andrew Bogut of Utah is probably the best player they could take, you can teach skills, you can't teach big. However I would rather draft Marvin Williams or even trade down the pick. My reasoning is that I like their current starting center Dan Gadzuric. I'd resign him and use the pick on a PF or a PG incase Ford doesn't get healthy after that devastating back injury.

What is the most surprising situation in sports right now? -- Tom, Los Angeles

I'd have to say it's the coverage of Michelle Wie, the teenage female phenom golfer. When she was 13, she was all over ESPN and other sports outlets as they raved about her potential and incredible abilities. Now at 15, it's almost as if she's just another golfer out there, she was near the lead of the LPGA US Open this weekend after the first round, and it took till the third round for focus of Wie to come to the forefront of the event. Perhaps they got overzealous with proclaiming Annika as the next Tiger (don't get me wrong she's amazing), but I definitely feel Wie is not the focus of reporters these days in the LPGA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home